Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mc Donald's French Fries ARE NOT GLUTEN FREE!!!!

So, I go with my son to McDonalds to get him a Happy Meal and think to myself, heck, I feel like some fries! There's no batter on them and it's just fried potatoes right? So I get some. A Large! And gorge on them ...every last bite. Jeeeez....did I pay for it the next day.

I had tingling and prickles for 2 days and hot sensations in my legs and feet. I drank so much water to get it out of my system (that helps get it out faster by the way). Otherwise I think it would have lasted a week.

So here's what I found out (from their website) what are the ingredients in McDonald's french fries:

Allergens: WHEAT AND MILK
Potatoes, vegetable oil (canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]*, citric acid [preservative]), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain color), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.

Never would have figured that out. Beef flavoring??? In fries????

No comments:

Post a Comment